CC Cream vs BB Cream - Which One Is Right For You?
In a world full of complexion products, descriptions and pretty packaging… it can be hard to pick what’s right for you based on what your skin needs. Let’s go back and start with the basics.
What is a BB Cream?
BB Cream stands for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm, and was created in Korea. While it provides a bit of coverage, it is mostly formulated to be makeup infused skincare. BB Creams are comparable to tinted moisturizers, only they are packed with good for you ingredients plus a light coverage.
What is a CC Cream?
CC Cream stands for Color Correcting or Complexion Correcting, meaning it neutralizes all the discoloration you have in your complexion to even everything out. Typically, a CC Cream will have more coverage than a BB Cream. Of course much like the BB Cream, the CC Cream can have skincare benefits as well. It just all depends on the one that you choose.
How Do I Choose Which One Is For Me?
When determining whether you are more of a BB Cream or CC Cream type of person, there really is not a right or wrong answer. It all boils down to preference. Are you looking for something with light coverage to give a healthy glow or do you need something with more coverage to cover any imperfections? It just depends on your concerns and what you’re in need of at the time.
Now that we’ve gotten the basics down, let’s talk about benefits for each Purlisse BB and CC Cream.
The OG - Perfect Glow BB Cream
This beauty balm is our #1 best seller for a reason and the definition of a multi-tasking product. With age-defying benefits, spf sunscreen and our exclusive Asian Herb Extract, this BB Cream is the total package. It has brightening and moisturizing properties while giving you every day coverage to let your skin peek through and breathe. It’s perfect for all skin types.
- Gogi & Hawthorn Berry brightens skin
- Jasmine improves skin texture and retains moisture
Radiant Glow Illuminating BB Cream
This Illuminating BB Cream is a spin off of our #1 best seller, with an extra glowy finish. It has the same moisturizing formula that you know and love, but there are light reflecting pigments to give you an extra luminous glow. While the Perfect Glow BB Cream, this Radiant Glow BB Cream is better for dry skin types but anyone who is looking for a lit from within look can benefit from this.
- Improves skin complexion
- Softens & evens skin tone
- Hydrates the skin
- Helps reduce file lines, wrinkles, dark spots, dullness & other signs for aging
- Prevents UVA/UVB damage
Youth Glow Vitamin C CC Cream
Similar to the well loved BB Cream, the Youth Glow CC Cream is a multi-tasking color correcting cream that glides on like a tinted moisturizer with all the correcting, brightening, age defying & sunscreen benefits of a foundation. The Youth Glow is perfect for all skin types.
- Contains Vitamin C to promote more vibrant skin
- Infused with Hyaluronic Acid to boost hydration and keep the skin youthful
- Color correcting properties to provide a more even skin tone
- Provides full coverage finish with an oil-free formula suitable for all skin types
Ageless Glow Serum BB Cream
The Ageless Glow Serum BB Cream is a multi-tasking serum infused beauty balm that delivers immediate and long term results of firm, youthful looking skin. This BB Cream is perfect for all skin types while also fighting wrinkles, moisturizing the skin, and it offers UV protection.
- Contains Bakuchiol which is a plant based retinol alternative is a concentrated antioxidant that can reduce discoloration, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and firm the skin
- Infused with Algae Collagen to help improve the skin's elasticity, increase blood flow and keeps your skin looking plump and hydrated
- Vitamin C is incorporated to reduce hyperpigmentation and protect skin from damaging free radicals