Attention all coffee lovers!
I think that many of us can agree that coffee in nonetheless an essential part of our morning or mid-day routines. There’s simply nothing better than starting out— or getting through— the day with a little cup of brewed pick-me-up.
However, today we’re taking our coffee cravings from cup to pan. In celebration of National Coffee Cake Day, we here at Purlisse couldn’t resist but to share our favorite coffee cake recipe with you.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- A warm (or iced!) cup of coffee to enjoy while you bake this delicious treat
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oil, eggs, vanilla and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking powder and salt until evenly distributed throughout.
- Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture until you get a smooth batter texture. Pour only half of the batter into a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Take a medium bowl and combine your brown sugar and cinnamon (yum!). Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in your 9x13 pan.
- Take the other half of your batter and add it into the 9x13 pan. Sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon mixture to top it all off.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover your pan with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Once completed, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Annnd, voila! A delicious coffee cake that can be enjoyed all throughout the day. For best results, pair this freshly baked treat with your favorite cup of joe!
Why end the coffee festivities here? Don’t forget to reach for your Coconut Oil + Coffee Sugar Body Scrub and Coconut Oil + Coffee Body Butter this morning to keep the java spirits going! Beyond giving your skin a good scrub and boost of hydration, coffee is packed with antioxidants to fight free radicals while helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Not to mention… it smells absolutely delicious!
Leave a comment