Maintaining healthy skin can be very difficult, especially during the cold winter season. Switching from the dry weather outside to using heaters indoors can strip the moisture away from your skin. This is why it is crucial that you have a reliable skincare routine that reduces irritation and promotes hydration. Additional moisture will keep your skin vibrant, smooth, and glowing naturally.
Follow these 6 ways to keep your skin hydrated during the winter
- 1. WASH/SHOWER WITH LUKEWARM WATER: AVOID hot showers. We tend to shower in warmer or hot water in the cold weather, but this drains natural oils from the skin.
2. USE A
- DAILY CLEANSER: Change your daily cleanser to a more gentle that won't strip skin of its natural oil. Avoid using cleansers with high concentrations of soap solvents or harsh chemicals. Our BLUE LOTUS 4~in~1 Cleansing Milk will effectively remove all makeup, including eye makeup while toning and soothing skin. It can be used to cleanse the skin without stripping natural oils as well!
- 3. USE A DAILY MOISTURIZER: It is important to use a daily moisturizer after washing your face every morning and night. Even if you have naturally oily skin, you should still apply moisturizer daily. During the winter months your skin will naturally try to produce extra oils. If you don’t moisturize, your skin will end up being twice as oily. If you have dry/combination skin, try changing to a rich cream moisturizer that will protect and restore the barrier of your skin. Use our BLUE LOTUS Balancing MoisturizerPurlisse Moisturizer Link to deliver intense moisture and hydration to the skin. With consistent use, it will prevent fine lines and improve skin texture, leaving the skin with a radiant glow.
- 4. KEEP LIPS HYDRATED: Don’t forget about your lips! Avoid having chapped or cracked lips that take forever to heal. Choose lip products that contains super hydrating ingredients with a long-lasting formula. Use our Daily Lip Nourisher with Mango & Shea Butter , formulated with a combination of mango seed butter, shea butter, jojoba oil, rice bran oil and vitamins A, C, and E which keep the lips smooth and soft throughout the day.
- 5. UTILIZE A FACE MASK: Face masks should play a key part in your skincare routine treatment to help you target specific needs. They’re an excellent way to maintain and help keep skin looking youthful. For Oily skin try using our Blue Lotus Seed Mud Mask + Exfoliant This facial treatment is good for detoxifying and purifying your pores during any season. It improves the skin surface leaving it with a sleek feel. If you have dry or combination skin, use our Coconut + Rice Sheet Masks to lock in moisture while brightening the skin.
- 6. STAY HYDRATED: Drink lots of water and avoid eating greasy, fried food that makes you breakout.
Relieve your skin from the harsh cold weather by using these daily tips + skincare products. Get them on www.purlisse.com